Prospective Student Pop Quiz
Release Date: 11-08-2012
If you are a prospective student, try this 20 question pop quiz.
Which school of architecture in the State of Michigan do you think can claim all of the following?
- The best overall passing rates on the architecture license exam three years in a row.
- The only school with a required internship program giving student hands-on real world work experience.
- The only school with its own in-house architecture practice giving students the opportunity to work on real projects while serving their local community.
- A multiple award winner from the National Council of Architecture Registration Boards for the “integration of practice and the academy.”
- Faculty play a key role in the City of Detroit’s “Detroit Works Project” to establish new cutting edge planning and development ideas for the city.
- A full six-year accreditation term having met 100% of all student performance criteria.
- The only school with its own private facility in Tuscany, giving students the chance to spend a semester in Italy for about the same cost as living on campus.
- The only school with a full semester exchange program with Warsaw Institute of Technology, also giving students the opportunity to spend a semester in Poland.
- Winner of the American Institute of Architecture Students award for best student chapter in the country.
- Part of a University ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a Top 20 masters level regional university in the mid west.
- A faculty project named one of the AIA 10 Best Houses of 2012.
- Student work exhibited at the prestigious Venice Biennale exhibit in 2012.
- Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture student design competition 1st place awards 2 years in a row.
- An alumnus named by President Obama to the National Institute of Building Sciences Board of Directors.
- An alumnus elected as President of the American Institute of Architects for 2013.
- Alumni named the “Best Young Architect of the Year” in Detroit 3 of the past 5 years.
- Recognized by Architect Magazine as one of 6 schools in the country committed to social justice.
- The only accredited school of architecture anywhere in North America at a Jesuit University ensuring students a great well rounded education with an emphasis on leadership and service.
- Great personal attention in a supportive student centered environment.
- For many accomplished students, the most affordable choice, given a 5 year accelerated program and generous scholarships.